Wednesday, April 15, 2009

MY MEMORIES OF THE SEASON

The regular season finally comes to an end and we can’t wait to get to the playoffs starting this weekend. We haven’t played great down the stretch and we’ve still got some nagging things going on with injuries, but we’ll make the best of it and be ready when the playoffs start.

It’s been a really good season for us. We went from 52 wins to 58 (and maybe 59). I still remember back to when we lost the first two games in a row and people were saying that the Magic were going to have a bad year. But we turned everything around very quickly and I think it shows how we matured.
We don’t get a lot of recognition nationally, but I guess people forget that we beat the Lakers twice, Cleveland twice, Boston twice and San Antonio twice. That has to count for something, right?

Because we have played so well against the best teams, we think we can win a championship. We know the playoffs are a different beast, but we’re confident that we can do anything we can put our minds to.
I promised myself and my teammates that I would be better defensively this season and I went out and led the NBA in blocks. That’s just proof that when you put your mind to something you can accomplish it.

Of all the good memories from this season, I have one that I still think is the absolutely funniest of the year. It was a couple of weeks ago against Cleveland when Marcin Gortat became the first Polish player in the history of basketball since James Naismith to hit a 3-pointer. Now that was a sight to see. That’s one for the historians and record books all time.

I’m out. Take care, ya’ll. -- DWIGHT

No comments: