Thursday, April 23, 2009

WHEW! THAT WAS A TOUGH ONE

I’m not sure which was more difficult to deal with last night in Game 2: Being in foul trouble all night on those flops or having to sit and watch my teammates close out that win against Philly.

It was killing me not being able to be out there on the court down the stretch, but I’ve got a lot of confidence in my team to get the job done when we needed it. That’s what it’s going to take for us to keep winning in the playoffs – dudes are going to have to pick each other up when we’re missing shots or in foul trouble.

I’m so proud of my guy, Courtney Lee, who I predicted was going to be a big key in this series. I=2 0knew that we were going to need him to play well in this series to win. Philly is leaving him open and daring him to shoot and he’s really making them pay.

A lot of rookies would be scared in this situation, but he’s so cool out there. He’s still under my wing – even though he’s a few months older than me.

Philly is going to be crazy playing up there, but we’ve got to weather that Storm. We’ve been really good on the road for two seasons and we have to keep that up if we’re going to be championship contenders. We’ll be ready. We all know that it’s a series now.

Peace out. – D-12

No comments: