Monday, March 16, 2009

DWIGHT BLOG FOR MONDAY, March 16

We did what we had to do against the Utah Jazz after they had just played three overtimes the day before in Miami – we were aggressive from the start and jumped on them early.

I had another double-double – before the end of the first quarter!!! I was really aggressive at the start of the game and had 12 points and 11 rebounds in the first quarter. It’s the third time this season that I’ve hit a double-double by the end of the first quarter.

I’m always seeking perfection and my word going into games is ``dominate.’’ I say it to myself before the tipoff, I write it on cards and leave them around my house and I’m thinking about it all throughout games. I had 28 points and 20 rebounds, my seventh 20/20 game of the season, but there are still a few areas I need to clean up. The turnovers (seven) and missed free throws (nine)20kept it from being a really great game for me, but what is important is that we got the win.

``Once I have one of those games where I don’t turn the ball over and I’m making my free throws, then that will truly be a dominant performance,’’ I told the media after the game.

It was cool seeing my guy, Carlos Boozer, Sunday night. Carlos, Chris Bosh and myself hung out and did drills against one another every day during the Olympics in China. He’s a really good dude. And it was good to hear that he was taking up for a fellow big man by saying that I should be getting more pub in the race for the MVP.

Next up for us: Cleveland and LeBron James. The grease board in our locker room lists all of our goals and a win in Cleveland will help us reach some of them. We want 60 wins and the top seed in the East. We’re four games back of Cleveland and if we want to catch them we need to20beat them in the two games we have left against them. Cleveland is really good at home, but we’re a good road team, too. We’ll come out with a lot of energy and it should be a good game.

Check back tomorrow and I’ll talk more about Tuesday’s game against Cleveland. Peace. -- Dwight.

No comments: