Tuesday, March 17, 2009

READY FOR CLEVELAND AND LEBRON

I’ve played against LeBron James enough and with him this summer on the Olympic team to know that when he comes down the lane you’ve got to be ready to go up and make a play or you will get embarrassed. And I don’t like getting embarrassed.

I’m almost 7-foot tall, so I’m not taking a charge in the lane. Seven-footers are in the game to block shots and that’s what I’m going to try to do. Even with LeBron, who weighs almost as much as I do, I’ve got to keep him away from the basket.

When the L-Train is coming down the lane you try to make him change tracks before he gets up too much steam. The main thing with LeBron is you have to meet him early in the lane and make him take tough shots. I have to contest his shot when he gets in the lane and make sure not give him anything easy.

But this game is about more than just me vs. LeBron. We need to win this game if we are going to accomplish our goals. Just inside the door in our locker room our team goals are written on the board. We want to win our division, lock up homecourt advantage, win 60 games and get the East’s top seed. If we can do all of those things, then we will have the best shot of reaching our main goal and that’s to win a championship.

Cleveland is four games ahead of us going into this game, so if we’re going to catch them, we need to win tonight. We’ve played really well against them in the past, and we’ve got to keep it up.

Cleveland is really good at home, losing there just one time all season. We’ll be really up for this game, and because they are so good at home, that’s even more reason for us to try and get the top seed and homecourt for the playoffs.

Check back tomorrow with my thoughts on the game and other stuff.

No comments: