Monday, March 23, 2009

FEELS LIKE THE PLAYOFFS

Because we are playing the New York Knicks again tonight after just playing them on Saturday in Orlando, it almost feels likes a playoff series to us. We’ve talked about that as a team, using these two games against the Knicks to get us ready for the playoffs. The postseason begins in less than four weeks, so it’s never too early to start getting ready.

We have to be aware that New York is still fighting for a chance to get into the playoffs. We have to come out with a better effort than we did on Saturday, but hopefully the result will be the same.

I was glad that we won Saturday’s game, but it was a frustrating one for me. I had 15 points, seven rebounds and three blocked shots, but I was in foul trouble much of the game. And I even fouled out with 3 minutes to p lay when Nate Robinson jumped in to me on a drive and got the call.

I was a little frustrated because I feel like I let the referees take me out of my game. I didn’t really want to be physical because I thought I was going to be called for a lot of fouls every time I did anything.

Tonight, when we play the Knicks again in Madison Square Garden, I’ve jut got to go play and not worry so much about the referees. I’m already looking forward to this game because I want to go out there and play a lot better.

We know that it’s going to be tough to catch Cleveland for the No. 1 seed in the East, but we have our sights set on Boston now. We have to take care of business against the Knicks and then we can get ready for Wednesday’s game in our house against the Celtics. We are tied with Boston20in the loss column and two back in the win column, so every game is important now.

Peace. -- DWIGHT

No comments: