Friday, March 27, 2009

I’M SEEKING PERFECTION

I’m somewhat of a perfectionist in everything I do, whether it’s my tie perfectly matching my shirt and jacket or my play on the court. I can have a 20-point, 20-rebound game, but if I miss a few free throws or turn the ball over too much then I’m not entirely happy with my effort.

I want to be one of the best big men to ever play the game, and that can’t happen if I settle for second best at anything. I expect myself to be aggressive and compete at the highest level every night.

That’s why even though I was really happy with the Boston win, I’m kind of disappointed how we ended that game. We a lmost lost a big lead in that game. They came back from 16. You play a good team like that, you get them down, you have to bury them.

We’ve got to have games where we let good teams know we’re for real. You do that by putting them in the hole and keeping them there. We gave Boston life. We’ve got to bury teams.

That’s important as we go down the stretch of the regular season and into the playoffs. We want to go into the postseason playing our best basketball. That’s how we’re going to win a championship.

Starting tonight with our game against Milwaukee, we can’t let teams off the hook when we have them down. We have to bury them. That’s kind of what we did to the Bucks last week in Milwaukee and we need to do it again tonight. We have to have that mindset the rest of the way.

Beating teams and keeping them down, that’s how we are going to earn the respect that we deserve. That’s how teams are going to see that we are for real. We have to prove it every night we step on the floor.

Wish us luck. Peace. -- DWIGHT

No comments: